Friday, May 21, 2010

Not enough time

I did the math this morning and if i go to work for 8 hours and i sleep for 8 hours that leaves me 8 hours for other things. well i need 2 hours for dinner and 1 hour to get ready for work and 1 hour for working out that then leaves me with 2 hours to watch t.v. 1 hour to knit or crochet and 1 hour to read. if i plan my life out as such i get to do all the things i want to do but nothing else. ever.

of course there are the weekends and those i don't have to work and so there is more time to hang out, if i ever wanted to, and then there are all the household chores to do as well but this just feels too scheduled and i'm not really a fan of that.

this budgeting of my time comes from me realizing yesterday that i don't get to read as much as i'd like to and i don't do stringy things as much as i'd like to. i can always string while watching t.v. but i've realized there are things i want to learn and that means i need to pay attention to what i'm doing and in some cases even find a tutor.

while in phoenix last month i managed to do some knitting but didn't finish the blanket like i wanted to and when i got home i got a treadmill so that's my new toy and taken up some but not all of my attention and with the weather being nicer it means i can more easily work on the den cause it's not so cold.

yet i still feel like there just isn't enough time. i always feel like i can't get to sleep fast enough and i haven't accomplished anything on my to-do list. then again, what's on my to-do list? i'm not really sure but i feel like nothing ever gets taken off the list.

so the big question is do i need more time? or is it simply that i need to want to do less?

the end

No comments: