Friday, June 4, 2010

well....

i've made some significant headway on the den in the last few weeks. in fact, if i hadn't gotten my nose pierced last week it would have been better and if my high school reunion wasn't this weekend i'd be done this weekend.

how does piercing my nose hinder my cleaning abilities you ask? well i got my nose done last week and had this fear that the puncture wound in my nose was going to get full of all the dust and dirt from my old crap so i didn't want to work in the den for a few days.

and as far as my reunion goes i have no plans to attend but a friend of mine is being pretty persistent and not excepting any of my excuses so i fear i may have to spend my saturday night at doppelgangers instead of working on cleaning. which is what i'd rather be doing. for many reasons but the biggest being, i hate doppelgangers.

but the den is looking amazing if i do say so myself. i've thrown away tons of crap and i've boxed up and taken 6 tubs or so to storage and i'm just so proud of myself. i hope hope hope to have the whole thing done before the party on the 19th because then we can open up the doors which makes the house look brighter and bigger and that i love. the last step is going to be shop vacing (it's a word) the windows and window sills of all the dead spiders and bees. yay!!! it's actually kind of gross and i can't figure out how so many freaking bees get in that room but i'm not enjoying all their tiny carcasses lying around my den. it's gross and i'm afraid i'm either going to step on one and get stung by a dead bee or the mo is going to eat one. which would also be bad.

while i did not take and before pictures i will take a slew of after one because i plan to be very very proud of myself once it's done.

i'm awesome!

the end.

1 comment:

jen scaffidi said...

I am also so proud of yourself.